Careers at Sharp Industries Inc.
For consideration for all job postings, please email your resume and salary requirements to .
Current Job Openings
CNC SERVICE TECHNICICAN
Sharp Industries, Inc., a privately held manufacturer of quality machine tools, is seeking a well-qualified and motivated CNC Service Technician based in our Gardena, CA facility. Sharp Industries is a highly respected name in the Machine Tool industry and our 40 year history and extensive customer list are testament to the high quality of our Manual and CNC Machine Tools.
The CNC Service Technician will provide expeditious and professional installation and repair services to our increasing number of customers and assure the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Install, maintain, and repair CNC machine and tooling equipment in-house and at our customer’s locations.
- Provide troubleshooting for mechanical & electrical repair of machines and machining process issues over the phone and via email with customer.
- Provide troubleshooting for mechanical & electrical repair of machines and machining process issues at customer sites.
- Analyze in detail complex mechanical and electrical machine and automation components for failure modes.
- Repair and/or rebuild major mechanical assemblies either in-house or at customer’s facility.
- Repair electrical and machine controls issues at customer’s site.
- Support the transportation of tooling and spare parts to customer site.
- Discuss and diagnose issues onsite with customers.
- Thoroughly document repairs on service reports.
- Track and document expenses on expense reports.
- Assist with other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Must have a MINIMUM of 3 YEARS EXPERIENCE with machine tool electrical, electronics, pneumatic and hydraulic systems and be able to troubleshoot same.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints, electrical schematics, and ladder diagrams.
- Strong mechanical skills, including hydraulics, pneumatics, lubrication and coolant systems.
- Competent in machine control and interface diagnostics and repair.
- Must have strong background in Fanuc PLC and CNC systems. Programming ability is a plus.
- Understanding of Siemens PLC and CNC systems.
- Strong telephone communication skills and professional/positive interpersonal skills.
- Solid PC skills required, including proficiency in MS Office suite
- Highly motivated, self-starter who can handle multiple projects.
- Must be able to travel regularly including some overnights.
Competitive salary and benefits package offered. Only candidates meeting Education / Skills / Experience requirements need apply. No relocation provided, only Los Angeles, California area candidates need apply.
Direct Field Sales Representative
Sharp Industries, Inc., a well-known privately held manufacturer of high quality machine tools, is seeking experienced machine tools Field Sales Representative. Sharp Industries is a highly respected name in the Machine Tools Industry and our 40 year history and extensive customer list are testament to the high quality of our Manual and CNC Machine Tools.
Based in our Torrance, California facility, the Field Sales Representative will report to the General Manager, and will be tasked with business development throughout the nation with concentration on the Southern California region. The successful FSR proactively prospects, calls upon, presents products and pricing, quotes, and closes sales directly to end users, as well as supporting, maintaining current and developing new long-term business relationships with our national dealer network.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Travel both locally and nationally up to 80% of the time visiting job shops, dealers, and other potential OEM customers.
- Identifying new dealers where needed, and developing new end users nationwide.
- Promote and showcase our latest products utilizing our Tech Center.
- Analyze customers’ needs, prepare quotes, and close sales.
- Maintain an awareness of business conditions nationwide, solicit and report on both current and new products.
- Proven experience and success selling direct and through dealers to Machine Tool end users required.
- Strong knowledge and experience in CNC machining centers is a must.
- Working knowledge of Milling, Turning, and Grinding machine tools.
- Ability to forecast, plan, and execute your sales plan.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communications, math, and organizational skills.
- Solid PC skills required, including proficiency in MS Office suite.
- Ability to research and cold call, and introduce product line to new customers.
- Knowledge of the Machine Tools marketplace, especially CNC machines.
- Must be a highly motivated, self-starter who can handle multiple projects.
- College degree preferred, MBA a plus.
- Must have own vehicle and possess valid drives license.
Competitive base salary, commission, and Medical benefits offered.
Only candidates meeting Education/Skills/Experience requirements need apply. No relocation provided, only Los Angeles, California area candidates need apply.
Apply through Indeed.com - Click here
Machine Tool Technician
Sharp Industries is an industry leading original equipment manufacturer of machines for metal cutting, such as Lathes, Knee Mills, Bed Mills, Flat Bed and Cylindrical Grinders, and Radial Drills. We are currently seeking a Machine Tool Technician to support our end users, distributors, as well as our parts and sales departments.
- Mechanical background repairing and/or servicing industrial machines.
- Fundamental understanding of electrical circuitry related to industrial machinery.
- Ability to recognize typical machine components by name such as gears, bearings, electrical components, etc.
- Experience working in the Machine Tool Industry, particularly servicing manual and/or CNC equipment.
- Experience with technical support trouble shooting mechanical and electrical issues with manual and/or CNC machines.
- Fluent with standard terminology of machine tool components and features.
About the Job:
- Some overnight travel required.
- Sharp Industries will supply tools and training.
- Background check required.
- Machine Tool Background: 1 year
Apply through Indeed.com - Click here