These vertical knee mills are equipped with vari-speed drive, available with optional digital vari-speed. The dove tail ways chromed, and the box ways are hardened and ground.
- Premium Packaged TMV comes with 3 Axes DRO (Quill, Table & Saddle) standard to meet your every needs.
- Premium Packaged TMV comes with Power Feed Table standard making your operation easier to manage.
- To dissipate heat in the 3 HP motor driven head, a pair of high output fans is installed. This allows the machine to work demanding jobs for extended periods without damaging the motor, belts and bearings. A unique SHARP feature.
- The Motor Shaft and Vari drive pulleys are dynamically balanced then chromed. This allows a vibration free milling even at high speeds.
- Since the Vari-speed drive system is operated by sliding the Vari Drive pulley up and down the motor shaft. The motor shaft is therefore chrome-plated, and has an oil channel that is fed by a grease fitting on the lower end for self-lubricating purpose. This ensures the sliding motion is trouble free at all times. A unique SHARP feature.
- The motor shaft that drives the pulley and the spindle is subject to a lot of lateral stress. A roller bearing is installed for the lower support of the motor shaft. A unique SHARP feature.
- Besides swiveling 90 degree side to side, the head can also swivel up and down by virtue of a knuckle joint design. The new design developed by Sharp uses 6 bolts, 3 each side, that fitted into a circular T-slot milled at the inside of the over arm and secured by nuts from the outside. It secured the head tightly and offered high accuracy in milling operations.
- A matched pair of super-precision ABEC-7 angular contact bearings supports the spindle. The quill is CNC-ground to a mirror finish, and then chromed to fit the housing. Together, they insure spindle run out of no more than 0.0004” TIR- the best in the industry.
Column, Table and Knee
- Hardened and ground box ways on column and saddle.
- Turcite coated slideways for better resistance to wear and retention of lube oil.
- Table and saddle backlash is controlled by a double-nut design that keeps the feed screw in contact with a pair of bronze nut at all times. A unique SHARP feature.
- Hardened leadscrews on table and saddle for better resistance to wear.
- The end of the table and saddle are mounted with thrust bearings that pre-load the feed screw, eliminating endplay for precisely controlled lateral movement.
- Instead of hand scraping the top of the knee ways for oil retention, the matching underside of the saddle is hand-scraped. This extra step avoids having chips and dirt embedded in the knee ways and damages the sliding area.
- "Bridgeport-style" vertical knee mill
|Working surface||"10"" x 50""|
|T-slot number, size||"3, 5/8""|
|Table travel (X-axis)||"33""|
|Saddle travel (Y-axis)||"16.3""|
|Quill travel (Z-axis)||"5""|
|Throat distance (min-max)||"9.8"" - 28.3""|
|Spindle gage line to table top||"5.375""-16.9""|
|Motor (220/3/60)||3 HP|
|Wiring voltage||220V / 440V, 3 Ph, 60 Hz|
|Speed (vari - speed)||60-4,500 RPM|
|Quill feed (IPR)||0.0015, 0.003, and 0.005|
|Head tilt; right to left (each way)||90º|
|Head tilt; up-and-down (each way)||45º|
|DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT|
|Floor area (w x d)||"70"" x 75|
|Net weight (lbs; approximately)||3,000|
- Hardened and ground box ways
- Power feed table
- Digital Readout systems
- Power drawbar
- Front and rear rubber way cover
- One-shot lube system
- Tool Kit
- Coolant system with chip pan
- Riser block (4"or 7")
- Right angle milling attachment
- Auto lube system
- Halogen work light
- Milling vise
- Clamping kit
- Why DVS head?
- High reliability with fewer moving parts than regular vari speed head
- Dynamic brake
- Low voltage control
- Large Digital rpm display
- Fully enclosed display unit
- Dependable Inverter Drive System
- Machine can run on single phase or 3 phase electricity
- Safety device prevents machine from self-starting after power failure or after emergency stop being pushed
Please contact our parts department at 310-370-5990.
*Prices may vary based on location